THE SEARCH IS ON FOR MISS GERMAN-AMERICA 2022!
Who will be Miss German-America 2022, Queen of the 65th German-American Steuben Parade of New York? Every year we crown a Miss German-America, Steuben Parade Queen along with two Parade Princesses, Junior Princesses and a Junior General. As spokeswoman for the New York Steuben Parade, the Queen and her court will promote the New York Steuben Parade by attending numerous events in the greater NYC area. They are Goodwill Ambassadors for the Parade. Miss German-America and two Princesses will each be awarded a college scholarship.
- Parade Weekend – the 65th Steuben Parade Saturday, Sept. 17, 2022 and weekend events
– Friday, Sept. 16th – Greeting at City Hall Park, 11:30 am
Gala and Silent Auction at The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers, 6 pm.
– Saturday, Sept. 17th – St. Patrick’s Cathedral Church Service 9:00 am with breakfast to follow. The
Parade steps off at noon immediately followed by the Central Park Oktoberfest
– Sunday, Sept. 18th, Oompahfest at Plattduetsche Park, Franklin Square, NY)
- Attend the Philadelphia, PA Steuben Parade Weekend (banquet Saturday evening)
• Must be a female 18-25 years of age, single, and an American citizen with a German-American Background
• General knowledge and speaking ability of the German language is preferred
• Must be able to participate in the events
• Must be able to attend the Crowning Ceremony events on Saturday Sunday May 15, 2022 in Franklin Square, NY.
Application and Deadlines:
• Submit application, resume, cover letter, and recent photo by April 20, 2022 via email to: romco.MGA@gmail.com
*Documents submitted per email should be separate attachments with the applicant’s
lastname_firstname in the title of the document
(e.g. LastnameFirstname-MGAapplication, LastnameFirstname-resume,
LastnameFirstname-photo, RomConnie-MGAapplication, RomConnie-resume, etc.)
• Candidates must participate in person in an interview from 10am-noon on the day of the crowning event. Location to be finalized.
• The Queen and her Court will be presented at the crowning on Sunday, May 15 at Plattdeutsche Park Restaurant in Franklin Square, NY.
• Candidates for Miss German-America and Princess must be vaccinated for Covid-19. Junior applicants
may not be able to participate in all events if not vaccinated.
The Finalists will Receive:
• $5000 College Scholarship for Miss German-America
• $2500 College Scholarship for each Princess
• A Place of Honor on the Parade Float in New York City
• Special Honors at the Parade Gala & Silent Auction in NYC
The committee is encouraging all eligible candidates to apply!
Here are the applications: